Malana Village over Chanderkhani Pass
Malana Village Trek over Chanderkhani Pass
Route : Delhi - Nalagarh - Manali - Chanderkhani - Manala - Jari - Rewalsar
Total Duration : 08 Nights / 09 Days
Malana Village: is a small tribal community of tribal people, who has a unique culture and their own democratic government, which is known to be the oldest democracy of the world.
Days on Trek: 04 Nights/05 Days
Maximum Elevation: 3360 Meters Above sea Level
Starting Point of the Trek: Naggar Village near Manali.
Best time: 15th April to15th July & September to November
Highlights: High Himalayan peaks, Tribal villages, alpine pasture, wild himalayn flowers,etc.
Malana Village: is a small tribal community of tribal people, who has a unique culture and their own democratic government. Malana village government is considered the oldest democracy in the world. It is believed that the Greeks under the leadership of Alexendera the great came all the way to Malana village, where few soldiers who were left behind from his army, intermarried here and develoved a society that came to be known as Manala village Society , which is known to be the oldest democracy of the world. The village has its own law. In recent times no police ever entered the village and they do not have any respect for the outside authority. Most of the villagers want to stay detached from rest of the world but slowly it is changing and people have started getting mixed up with the outside world.
To reach Manali village we have to cross over Chanderkhani Pass. The trek passes through beautiful alpine pasture and we have beautiful view of some of the high mountain peaks.
Preview of the Trek
- Day 01: Delhi- Nalagarh
- Day 02: Nalagarh - Naggar 8 Hours drive
- Day 03: Naggar - Manali - Naggar
- Day 04: On Trek: Naggar - Rumshu - Rumshu Thatch (2600 M)
- Day 05: Rumshu Thatch to Base of Chanderkhani Pass(3450M) 4 hours walk.
- Day 06: Base - Chanderkhani Pass(3660M) - Nagruni Thatch
- Day 07: Nagruni Thatch - Manali village
- Day 08: Manala Village - Jari - Rewalsar 1 hour walk and 3 hours drive
- Day 09: Rewalsar - Chandigarh - Delhi 7 hours drive